Hardoy Butterfly Chair GRAND COMFORT leather tobacco brown with ottoman
In the late 1920s, men reached in industrialized countries an average height of 168 cm, women just 156 cm. The design of furniture was based on these dimensions; chairs and couches look from today's perspective often cramped and small. We have therefore carefully translated the Hardoy Butterfly Chair’s proportions into the 21st Century and further developed its outstanding design.
Thanks to its extended backrest, the Hardoy Butterfly Chair GRAND COMFORT offers also tall people exceptional seating comfort. The base of the frame is identical to the original model; the upward sweeping legs reach at head height a width of 100 cm. Our ottoman adds charming and timeless elegance to the chair; it creates a comfortable surface and provides both to your feet and body (when used as a stool) grip in every position. The two filigree welded stainless steel frames are sent in their standard version with a brushed surface. If you want a powder coating in black or white, please note this in the last step of your order.
As with the original version, WEINBAUMS uses for the cover of the Hardoy Butterfly Chair GRAND COMFORT only vegetable tanned leather from Catalonian producers.
* Design: Original version by Bonet, Kurchan, Ferrari-Hardoy (Buenos Aires 1938); model GRAND COMFORT and stool by unknown (2010 and 2011)
- Chair -> W 100 cm, H 118 cm, D 86 cm, Seat height 45 cm
- Stool: W 40 cm, H 38 cm, D 40 cm; Seat height: 38 cm
* Weight: 7,950 g and 1,950 g, respectively
* Cover: Holstein cattle leather (3.5 mm thick, "tobacco brown“, origin: Catalonia/Spain), handmade and hand-picked, odorless, first-class quality without noticeable scars
* Frame: brushed stainless steel, cannot be dismantled, powder-coated in black or white on request (surcharge EUR 139)
Care instructions: Leather covers are easy to clean. Dry dirt can be removed by hand or with a small brush; heavy contaminants can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Please note that your ordered item is handmade and may therefore differ slightly from the above pattern.
Additional product information
- available colors
- tobacco brown