Hardoy Butterfly Chair ORIGINAL tecfab ecru with ottoman
Whether in the garden, on a patio or in your home office: The tecfab version of our Hardoy Butterfly Chair combines minimalist design with exceptional seating comfort. Designed by the architects Bonet, Kurchan and Ferrari-Hardoy for a Buenos Aires-based planning office in 1938 (hence known as “BKF” in the Americas), the Hardoy Butterfly Chair was added to the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art at an early stage (New York, 1941). Following its rapidly growing popularity among artists, actors and architects, the chair was considered a design classic already by the late 1950s. After completion of the series production by Knoll International, the chair’s unique design has been periodically reprinted by various manufacturers - since the beginning of 2010 through our company.
WEINBAUMS has refined the original design of the Hardoy Butterfly Chair and developed for its year-round use light-and moisture-resistant seat covers from the high tech fabric Batyline®. Our ottoman adds charming and timeless elegance to the chair; it creates a comfortable surface and provides both to your feet and body (when used as a stool) grip in every position.
The two filigree welded stainless steel frames are sent in their standard version with a brushed surface. If you want a powder coating in black or white, please note this in the last step of your order.
* Design: Chair by Bonet, Kurchan, Ferrari-Hardoy (Buenos Aires 1938); stool by unknown (2010)
- Chair: W 84 cm, H 89 cm, D 80 cm; Seat height: 38 cm
- Stool: W 40 cm, H 38 cm, D 40 cm; Seat height: 38 cm
* Weight: 7,150 g and 1,950 g, respectively
* Cover: light-and moisture-resistant high tech fabric Batyline® in "ecru", double stitched, first-class quality
* Frame: brushed stainless steel, cannot be dismantled, powder-coated in black or white on request (surcharge EUR 129)
Not your favorite color? From apricot to cream and olive: There are more than 50 colors for your cover available. Following your request we submit a selection of fabrics; our team looks forward to receiving your message: email@example.com
Please note that your ordered item is handmade and may therefore differ slightly from the above pattern.
Additional product information
- available colors