Butterfly TWIN CHAIR leather coffee brown
Following the work of Patricia Urquiola and Eduardo Chillida, Bárbara Giménez Weinbaum has reinterpreted one of the most influential design classics of the 20th Century. As a former student of the Madrid School of Architecture, Weinbaum has expanded the sculptural forms of the Hardoy Butterfly Chair and translated them into a sofa. Based on the draft by Bonet, Kurchan and Ferrari-Hardoy, the resulting two-seater picks up the harmonious geometry of the original design and offers exceptional seating comfort. It is a timeless eye-catcher and aesthetic sofa in one.
Based on the repetition concept used in art, Giménez Weinbaum has doubled the base of the frame, the sofa offers thus space for two adults. In accordance with other models from our DESIGN CLASSICS collection we use only vegetatively tanned leather from Catalonian producers for covering the Butterfly TWIN CHAIR. The stainless steel frame, delicately welded at six crossing points, is sent in its standard version with a brushed surface. If you want a powder coating in black or white, please note this in the last step of your order.
Like all of our pieces is also the Butterfly TWIN CHAIR exclusively manufactured in Germany and Spain. Reduced dimensions and its light weight permit flexible use in the office, at home or in public spaces.
* Design: Bárbara Giménez Weinbaum, Frankfurt am Main 2012
* Dimensions: W 132 cm, H 89 cm, D 80 cm
* Seat height 38 cm
* Weight: 11,250 g
* Cover: Holstein cattle leather (3.5 mm thick, "coffee brown“, origin: Catalonia/Spain), handmade and hand-picked, odorless, first-class quality without noticeable scars
* Frame: brushed stainless steel, cannot be dismantled, powder-coated in black or white on request (surcharge EUR 159)
* Awards: red dot design award winner 2013, nominee to the German Design Award 2015, winner of the A' Design Award 2017
Care instructions: Leather covers are easy to clean. Dry dirt can be removed by hand or with a small brush; heavy contaminants can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Please note that your ordered item is handmade and may therefore differ slightly from the above pattern.
Additional product information
- available colors
- coffee brown