In the late 1920s, men reached in industrialized countries an average height of 168 cm, women just 156 cm. The design of furniture was based on these dimensions; chairs and couches look from today's perspective often cramped and small. We have therefore carefully translated the Hardoy Butterfly Chair’s proportions into the 21st Century and further developed its outstanding design.
Thanks to its extended backrest, the chair offers also tall people exceptional seating comfort; an optional bolster guarantees head and shoulder soothing relaxation. The base of the frame is identical to the original model; the upward sweeping legs reach at head height a width of 100 cm. According to the original design, we produce the Hardoy Butterfly Chair GRAND COMFORT with a brushed, at four intersections welded steel frame. On request, WEINBAUM complements your frame with a powder coating. Here, you can choose from more than 200 colors of the RAL spectrum.
As with the chair’s original version, WEINBAUM uses for the production of the Hardoy Butterfly Chair GRAND COMFORT only premium materials. The Holstein cattle that is held at selected estancias throughout the provinces of Córdoba and Santa Fe feed during their two-year life exclusively on grass; meat and bone meal was outlawed decades ago. Untreated, all year round usable pastures and exceptional freedom (two cattle share a hectare of land) provide more than 3,000 calves, cows and bulls at our partner companies with excellent conditions. The result: Exceptionally durable leather whose soft touch will inspire you every day anew.
To emphasize the chair’s exceptional seating comfort, the covers are exclusively manufactured from vegetable tanned leather from cattle bare neck of the above-mentioned breed Holstein.
* Design: Original version by Bonet, Kurchan, Ferrari-Hardoy (Buenos Aires 1938); model GRAND COMFORT by unknown (around 2010)
* Dimensions: W 100 cm, H 118 cm, D 86 cm
* Seat height: 45 cm
* Weight: 7,950 g
* Frame: brushed stainless steel
* adjustable headrest (L 40 cm, H 14 cm, T 7 cm)
* Racial and processing: Holstein ("black", cattle bare neck, thickness: 3.5 mm, origin: Argentina), handmade and hand-picked, odorless, first-class quality without noticeable scars
* available models: in addition to black in honey brown, tobacco brown, coffee brown and white
Care instructions: Leather covers are easy to clean. Dry dirt can be removed by hand or with a small brush; heavy contaminants can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Please note that your ordered item is handmade and may therefore differ slightly from the above pattern.